1.29.2006

Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year, everybody! It's the year of the dog and Farah and I are celebrating by having some dog... I mean, friends and family over for a little party tonight. The house is decorated with dragons, lanterns, and lots of red. We'll be handing out red envelopes and are trying to stay as authentic as we can but the fact that I am making sushi doesn't really help our cause. Better sushi than hamburgers though, right! It's all about having a good time with your friends anyway! Well, I need to go start chopping vegetables in the kitchen so that we have food to serve our guests tonight, otherwise, they might be eating hamburgers!

5 Comments:

At 29.1.06, Anonymous Anonymous articulated...

Ah, too bad, I was hoping for dog tacos, but I guess that wouldn't really fit the night either. See you guys soon. Thanks for opening up your home.

 
At 29.1.06, Anonymous Anonymous articulated...

happy chinese new year ah;)
omedetoooo (^v^)

 
At 30.1.06, Blogger Eric articulated...

Hope the party was fun, Cory. I'm sure you and your guest had a great time. Happy Chinese New Year!

 
At 31.1.06, Anonymous Anonymous articulated...

Hey Cory and Farah, EVERYTHING was sooooooooo nice at your party!! Farah, you are a great cook. The food was delicious. I really loved experiencing some of my daughter-in-law's culture!!! Thanks for having the party and I look forward to the annual tradition!!

 
At 31.1.06, Anonymous Anonymous articulated...

Cory & Farah,

What an awesome party! Great job sharing culture and being the party hosts! And the food - oh my gosh, Farah, you put other young women to shame! I hope this becomes an annual tradition. Maybe you can even open up your own PC-titled trading co. to provide other party hosts with great party favors. :) Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home