12.11.2005

Lately...

It's been a while since I've written anything so here goes a quick update for the last couple of weeks:

Warm Bed

It's been cold. Really cold. Farah and I have been struggling to adjust, or climatize ourselves as somebody might say (*inside joke* the guy in the middle), to the weather in Sacramento since it's now winter and freezing at night! (Keep in mind that we come from a much warmer place than all of you Norcal folk) And on top of that, our place doesn't get much sunlight so that it stays kind of shivery throughout the day, which we are hoping will be an advantage in the summer, but for now, we have to concentrate on making it through the winter! Piling on the blankets night after night and sleeping between the painfully cold sheets only got us through the beginning of December; we just couldn't take it any longer. So we did a little make-over on our bed and got ourselves a new down comforter and flannel sheets, which are keeping us nice and toasty at night! What a difference it makes to not have to bundle up in multiple layers of clothing and keep from moving so that you don't touch any unwarmed part of the sheets. And yes, the bump beneath the comforter in the picture is Farah. Sleep tight, baby!


B-ball

On a very cool note, we were able to do something that came completely unexpected. Thanks to Dan (in his Halloween costume), we got to go check out a Kings game a couple of weeks back. It was the first time for both of us to see an NBA game, which I have to admit, was pretty exciting (even from the nosebleed section). We had a great time at the game and I think that we both feel a little more at home now in Sacramento. Thank you so much, Dan. You've been so good to us! I hope that we can return the favor someday...

Go Kings

"Go Kings!"

"Which ones are the Kings again? The red or the white?"


Foresthill

Also, we had a nice visit with the parents in Foresthill last week. It had been a while since we went up there (and that's why Cory got lost on the way) so it was great to visit. M&D have done so much work on the house that it looks amazing. Hopefully we'll be back again soon for some more R&R, bacon burgers, and Direct TV!!

Mom and Farah

The City

I tagged along with Dan and Ulysses(sp?) for their annual Chritmas outing to San Francisco and it was so much fun! We started out the day taking swigs of Jack and... I mean, by having dim sum in China Town at Four Seas Restaurant, which is beautifully-decorated and simply exquisite! The dim sum was fabulous and Chinese tea mixed with Jack... I mean, the tea was also very good. We then hung out at Union Square and slowly made our way to North Beach, and had coffee and the best cheesecake that I've ever had at Cafe Greco, I think. Don't quote me on that though. I do know where it is in case anybody wants me to take them there (Eric y Brenda?). The two words that best describe our day in SF are: unconstrained and relaxed. And that is just what the doctor ordered to get me away from my routine schedule. I have been feeling kind of "Lost in California," unmotivated and uninspired lately--I won't go into it too much--so it was nice to get away from it all and experience something with a hint of excitement. I only wish that Farah could have joined us. We ended the night with a perfect dinner at Fog City Diner and some drinkies at Oreilly's Irish Pub. So thank you for the good times, Dan and Ullysses.


The Band Photo Well, that's about all the time I have for an update today. I'll try to post something more in the next couple of days...

5 Comments:

At 13.12.05, Blogger Ryan articulated...

I know it's tough to be in a new place, and for that matter, a cold place. I think Cara e-mailed you the other day about the Christmas party that everyone was invited to that came to our Thanskgiving Party. Are you coming? It would be cool to see you.

Ryan

 
At 15.12.05, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam articulated...

yeah, likewise! I can relate to the cold hatin'.

 
At 16.12.05, Blogger Eric articulated...

Good to see a new post from you, Cory. Looks like you're staying busy and having fun. As always, great pics. I especially like the photo of your mom and Farah.

Now that you're getting more familiar with San Francisco, another trip there with you guys would be great. Until then, stay warm!

 
At 19.12.05, Blogger Tyson articulated...

If Dan and Ulysses ever make an album, there's the album cover right at the end of your post.

 
At 20.12.05, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam articulated...

that's so true. lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home