6.19.2006

Norcal Beaches

Last Saturday, Dan and Ulysses lead the way to Point Reyes National Seashore. We quickly discovered that being 2.5 hours northwest of Sacramento meant that it was about thirty degrees cooler. At first it was a bit chilly but it was easy to forget the cold because it was beautiful and just so nice to be away (how many times have I said this lately?!). And while I'm on the subject, it sure was nice to have a break from the hellish weather we've been having in El Capital lately. It's going to be over 100 degrees for the next four or five days which is lovely! Maybe we'll have to take another trip to the coast this weekend! So we checked out the lighthouse and hung out there for a while and then made our way to Bear Valley Trail. After lunch we went on an 8.4 mile trek to the beach. Luckily it was a pretty much flat and easy walk, not too strenuous on the body. This all happened, of course, one year to the day after climbing Fuji--kind of a cool thing to do one year later, I guess. (actually it's only been eleven months! oops!) It's sort of like an annual tradition to remind myself that I am extremely out of shape! ;) Well, we all had fun together and it was great to get out with the guys. Here are some pics.

































5 Comments:

At 23.6.06, Blogger Eric articulated...

What a beautiful place, and you captured it well. Miles has been telling me about Pt. Reyes for a long time, and I've been wanting to check it out. It's great that you got to experience it. Let's make a point to do this kind of stuff when you're back in L.A.

 
At 26.6.06, Blogger LadyHAHA articulated...

I LOVE the lighthouse shot and the shot of the two people who are standing by the rock wall. HOw cool!

That's it. I'm sneaking you in to the next Madonna concert. No arguments from you mister. I won't have it. ;D

 
At 26.6.06, Blogger Ryan articulated...

I see that Eric already used up my words in saying "What a beatiful place." Wow, I can't wait to go there myself. Nice shots.

 
At 29.6.06, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam articulated...

nice. i wish i'm there with you. looks like fun.

 
At 1.7.06, Blogger coryandfarah articulated...

Eric and Ryan, you should definitely check it out sometime.

Elaine, I'm there. Just let me know when! ;)

Matt, are you ready to come back or something?! Have you had your fill of adobo already? ;) Yes, it would have been nice to have you along but you are having an adventure of your own in the Philippines! Any word on when you might come back?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home