6.01.2006

Eyes on LA


Spending the weekend in LA made us realize how much we miss life in Socal.
There was just something different about this time...


Eric took the Lin Sisters (and Steven) and myself to Little Ethiopia for a nice lunch on Sunday.


It was as good as usual and I think that the first-timers enjoyed it as well.


Eric taught us that it is customary in Ethiopian culture to feed your loved ones first
before you take a bite. So just as he tried to feed me...


I said, "Sick balls, Chopper!" Just kidding. But I had to fit that in somehow!
(It was kind of scary when these dogs came running at me though.
I thought that one of them might actually be Chopper.)


The police and Venice Beach, it just wouldn't be the same without them.


Kids, don't try this at home.


Who wears these T-shirts anyway?! This one is definitely my favorite.


There is always somebody looking.


But sometimes it's just a jar of mayo staring at you! ;)


Thanks for the great weekend, everybody!

5 Comments:

At 1.6.06, Anonymous Anonymous articulated...

Those are certainly some classy t-shirts. I am suprised that they didn't have the "Who Farted" or "I Hate Seagles" shirts.

Hmm, so are you going to be moving back, eh?

 
At 1.6.06, Blogger Eric articulated...

Cool pics, Cory. The dogs charging is a great one- I just wish I had a photo of the look on your face when they dashed out that gate! I like the fire eater, too. And that pic of the Ethiopian food makes my mouth water.

It was great to see you guys, and I hope I'll be seeing you more often in the near future.

Your pics from the Neptune Society ceremony are great, too. Somewhat somber, but moving.

 
At 2.6.06, Blogger LadyHAHA articulated...

ah! Freaky mayo face!

were the dogs nice? The dog in the picture looked like a big bear.. didn't look vicious to me at all.. maybe because he looks a lot like my dog!

Oh and next time, buy me a t-shirt will ya? (just kidding!)

 
At 11.6.06, Anonymous Anonymous articulated...

Your pictures make me miss American life, although Josh and I only have been here about 3 weeks. The weather here is killing Josh, but everything else also amazes him.

Now we are preparing to have a late wedding reception dinner for my relatives and friends. And marrying in Taiwan is pain in the ass.

I opened a blog, come visit sometimes, but maybe you need some help from Farah :P Take care!!
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/bluishred-2124

 
At 11.6.06, Blogger coryandfarah articulated...

Man, I've been so bad at posting blogs, commenting, and replying to comments lately! Sorry guys!

Ryan, they must have phased out the "Who Farted" series. I'll keep my eyes open for you though.

Word, Eric.

Elaine, the dogs were nice but I had just heard a terrible story about what two pit bulls did to a friend's pet, so when the dogs all charged me it was kind of scary... ;)

Hey Lan! It's good to hear from you. I was wondering if you guys made it to Taiwan or not. Glad to hear that you did. It doesn't surprise me that Josh is not loving the weather because I know what it can be like in Taiwan. Everything is hot and sticky this time of year. It'll take some time to adjust to the weather but fortunately, as Josh has already discovered, it's not just hot weather in Taiwan. It's a beautiful place to be!! Anyway, I hope that your wedding reception dinner goes well. Tell Josh that he needs to brace himself for some serious drinking!!! ;) Take care. I'll check out your blog, OK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home