3.22.2006

Cruisin' Midtown

Lately, I've been cruisin' through Midtown on my bike after work (whenever it hasn't been raining) to get a little exercise and to get to know the area a little better. Most rides fall between thirty and forty-five minutes long and depend mainly on two things: how much energy I have and how much sunlight is left at the end of the day. So far, I've discovered the nice and nicer pockets of Midtown, some cool places to shop and eat, neighborhoods to die for, lots and lots of bars, and a handful of places that you'ld have to pay me to go back again... well, maybe not that bad. But I didn't make as many stops to take photos in the rougher areas if that is any kind of an indicator. Midtown alleys are decorated with every color of spray paint imaginable and people seem to like leaving their names and some not-so-nice names on cars, trees, signs, and fences--whatever stands in their way, I guess. All in all, riding through the surrounding neighborhoods and getting a taste of life in Sactown has been a very pleasant experience, something that I look forward to every day. Here are a few quick shots of some of the things that caught my eye while cruising around.




















2 Comments:

At 22.3.06, Blogger Tyson articulated...

I love Sacramento - cool pics from the 916.
(Sorry, sorry - couldn't help myself.)

 
At 23.3.06, Anonymous Anonymous articulated...

The 916, nice, Tyson. Great pics. I like the "whore" one and the "James was Here" and of course the fire hydrant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home